The Great Pyramid of Giza is one of the world’s famous seven wonders. It’s a real miracle that more than 4,000 years after it saw the light of day, it still stands in the sands of Egypt. But did you know that it looked completely different in those days? The Great Pyramid was conceived as a tomb for Khufu whom you may probably know as Cheops. It remained the tallest structure created by human hand in the whole world for more than 3,800 years! Btw, it’s hard to believe, but in ancient times the crypt was mesmerizingly white… 💥 And guys, you probably know that Ancient Egyptians held cats in the highest esteem. So we hid one at the beginning of the video! Try to spot it! 😽 Other videos you might like:
True Pyramids Purpose Has Been Finally Discovered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4iLoGpr7A
The Great Pyramid Mystery Has Finally Been Solved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONLWHuYo7w&
A Scary Island That Has Been Keeping a Secret for 80 Years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KuzI0GeZo& TIMESTAMPS:
Necropolis of ancient pharaohs 0:20
Btw, originally the Great Pyramid looked VERY differently 1:49
But what could have happened to it? 4:03
The mystery of the Great pyramid 6:19
What about the workforce? 8:20 #Pyramids #Egypt #brightside Preview photo credit: Egyptian views; The pyramids of Gizeh. Second pyramid from the summit of Great Pyramid: By Matson Collection – Library of Congress Catalog: https://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/matpc/item/mpc2004001592/PP Original url: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/matpc.01500, Public Domain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=66477951 SUMMARY:
– It was only in the 27th century BCE when the concept of a pyramid with smooth and evenly tilted sides that we all know today was introduced.
– Originally it rose about 480 feet above the ground, while the sides of its base were over 750 feet long. – It was comprised of about 2.3 million blocks of stone, and each of them had an average heft of over 2 tons. – The main stuff used during the construction was different types of limestone. The exterior covering that you can see these days was built up from dark limestone.
– These long rows of craggy slabs that resemble stepped pyramids rather than the usual ones were actually the inner coating or the core.
– The pyramid was lined with sparkling white limestone. That’s what initially formed the outer layer of the pyramid. – In 1303 CE a major earthquake hit Crete. Cairo was affected as well, and the Great Pyramid met a similar fate. – For hundreds of years, the ancient monument was wearing away in the wind and the sun. In the 19th century, the remaining pieces of limestone that once covered it were seized once again.
– Many adventurers who explored the site later stumbled upon the big stacks of strange debris at the foot of the pyramid. – One of the mysteries of the Great pyramid was the way the precious materials got to Giza in the first place. – The fine white stones that were really valued came from far away. They were extracted at Tura which was located on the opposite bank of the Nile, about 8 miles from the necropolis.
– It’s likely the workers used to put the stones on the wooden sleds to move them closer to the construction site. – The people who worked on the pyramid’s construction were, despite the popular belief, skilled and well-paid employees. Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/ Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: